The School Student Transport Scheme (SSTS) provides eligible school students with free or subsidised travel from home to school.
The scheme includes:
- Free travel to and from home and school on approved metro, train, bus, ferry and light rail services during school term.
- Discounted travel on buses between home and school with a School Term Bus Pass.
- Free travel on NSW TrainLink Regional services and long distance coach services for boarding school students.
- Subsidised travel to and from school in private vehicles in areas where there is no public transport available.
Students with a disability who are unable to travel to and from school under the School Student Transport Scheme may be eligible for assistance under the Department of Education Assisted School Travel Program.
Secondary school students from Years 7-12 are eligible if:
- They are a resident of NSW or an overseas student who is eligible for free government education,
- The straight line distance from their home address to school is more than 2 km, or
- The walking distance from home to school is 2.9 km or further.
Secondary school students who live too close to the school to be eligible for free travel may qualify for a School Term Bus Pass which provides bus travel at a discounted price for the whole school term.
To apply online for a Travel Pass, click on the following link: